Wednesday 6 July 2011

Rasberry Cupcakes with White Chocolate buttcream frosting



So, to say that I was (and still am) obsessed with the royal wedding and the lovely william and kate would me an understatement! seriously, I think I could have a problem.
Anyway the wedding of course was on the 29th of April, right when all my friends were studying for college exams and when I had a project to do for college (it was untouched on my lap during the first half of the coverage until i finally admitted to myself i wouldn't get any done). Basically I couldn't celebrate properly!
So once June began I hosted a summer's afternoon tea party for myself and My looovely friend Hayley (and fellow royal couple obsessee!)  as a late celebration of the Royal Wedding. Look I know, It's kinda crazy, Just leave me alone.
Moral of the story, for a lovely Summers' Day I thought these delicious cupcakes would be perfect!



Enjoy:)



110g Unsalted Butter, at room temp
180g Caster Sugar
2 Large eggs
125g self raising flour,sifted
120g plain flour, sifted
125ml semi-skimmed milk,at room temp
1 teaspoon good quality Vanilla extract
3 tablespoons good quality seedless raspberry jam

1. Preheat the oven to 160(fan)/180/gas mark 4 and line a muffin tray with cupcakes case.

2.In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar until pale and smooth, which should take a few minutes using an electric beater. Add the eggs, one at time, mixing for a few minutes after each addition.

3.Combine the two flours in a separate bowl. Put the milk in a jug and add the vanilla extract to it. Add one third of the flours to the creamed mixture and beat well. Pour in one third of the milk mixture and beat again. Repeat these steps until all the flour and milk have been added.

4. Gently fold in the raspberry jam without combining it completely so that some streaks of jam are seen in the mixture. Spoon the mixture into the cases, filling them to about two-thirds full. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes.

5. Remove from the oven and leave cakes in the tin for around 10 mins and then carefully allow to cool on a wire tray. Once they have cooled carefully core the cupcake and pore about teaspoon of jam inside.


110g Unsalted butter at room temp
60 ml semi-skimmed milk
1teaspoon good quality vanilla extract
500 g icing sugar, sifted
100g good quality white chocolate
3 tablespoons double cream

1. In a large mixing bowl beat the butter, milk, vanilla extract and half the icing sugar until smooth. Add the rest of the icing sugar gradually and beat until the buttercream is smooth and creamy.

2.To melt the chocolate , put the broken chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir occasionally until melted, leave to cool slightly. Once the chocolate is cooled add to the buttercream mixture and also add the double cream. Beat well and use immediately.

yummers....

No comments:

Post a Comment